Tuesday, March 5, 2013

When there's a florist in the family Part 2

I had a family wedding at Oglebay in Wheeling, WV.  This is the view of the golf course and it was a beautiful location for a wedding.  Unlike my sister's wedding there were not any wholesalers close enough to the location that also had enough space for me to work.  So....
I purchased all my flowers and supplies from my local wholesalers in Virginia, loaded everything in the truck and took off for West Virginia.  Luckily enough the venue had a meeting/conference room I could convert into a flower/design room for the weekend.
Plastic was laid down to protect the carpet, thermostat was put on the coldest setting possible and all the flowers were set up and ready to go.
And some pics of the necessity of plastic on the floor!
Table centerpieces waiting and ready to go.

Bride and Attendant's bouquets
The massive fireplace required I borrow a ladder from the venue which they were very helpful and even spotted me on the ladder.

Another company decorated the ceiling and this is before everything was finished and I was placing arrangements.
close up of the bouquet.  Light blue hydrangea, light blue delphinium, blue agapanthus, white freesia, white mini callas, and white lisianthus.

Low Centerpieces on oblong tables.
Lighted tall arrangements.
 
 
Dendrobium orchids attached to the venue's restroom mirrors. This is one of my favorite ways to add a little bit of fun to the restrooms- a unsuspecting place for flowers generally.  Amazing little glue dots made from the same adhesive magazines use to attach trial size products they promote.  It's especially pretty with brightly colored orchids and inexpensive also.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment