Tuesday, December 4, 2012

When a floral designer marries...Part 2

I've had the pleasure of decorating the gorgeous mantle in the GW Hotel Ballroom several times, and every time is different.  For my wedding I opted for and arrangement to flank either side of the mirror, and several low cylinders with roses and floating candles in the middle.
 
Red Kangaroo Paw, Red Mokara Orchids, Red hanging Amaranthus, Black Magic roses, maroon carnations in a clear glass urn, the arrangement is handtied and is simply placed into the vase on site.

Low Centerpiece of Roses, red Ti leaves,Leucadendron, accent of silver around top of cylinder vase.
I was able to "test drive" a new product available to me for the wedding.  LED submersible light strands.  The strands are flexible and perfect in this application. 
 
Did I mention I like simple?!  Cupcakes from Frosted Crumbs, serving trays by GW Hotel...easy and hassle free for me!
The silver and lavender flower shaped broach was my late Grandmother's.  A big thank you to my cousin for finding it and gifting it to me on my wedding day :)  

(All photographs courtesy of Julie Napear Photography. A big thank you to the other vendors:  Flowers by Snellings, George Washington Hotel, Stephanie Novak Artistry,  Frosted Crumbs Bakery)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment